Click on a link to the right to learn more about the specific areas of our expertise.
Or, scroll below to see a brief one-page overview of our practice.
- Provide value-added legal services to growth business enterprises and capital providers, at all stages of development, on a time-sensitive, cost-effective basis.
- Represent publicly-traded and privately-held global enterprises as well as venture-backed start-up companies.
- Focus on serving the principal challenges faced by executive management and board of directors of business enterprises.
- Act as a strategic business partner to diversified client base.
- Practice onsite at client in a general counsel role, or offsite in a transactional/project capacity.
Our Track Record
- Advise public enterprises on issues of corporate law, securities, and corporate governance.
- Represent companies in mergers and acquisitions.
- Advise companies on initial public offerings.
- Represent companies that receive venture financing.
- Actively represent public and private companies.
- Regularly advise on state and federal securities laws, stock exchange regulations, and general corporate law.
Corporate Governance Practice
- Experienced in all aspects of governance counseling, including board and board committee compositions, process, and independence.
- Draw on corporate securities, governance, litigation, and compensation expertise to provide clients with information and analysis needed to respond to a rapidly changing regulatory landscape.
- On the leading edge of new regulations driven by the needs for increased transparency, responsibility, and accountability.
Corporate Finance Expertise
Extensive experience in structuring a wide variety of transactions, including:
- Venture financings
- Private equity
- Private placements (144A, Regulation S, and PIPEs)
- Public equity
- Acquisition financings
- Public note issuances
- Syndicated and single-bank credit lines
- Structured finance
- Off-balance sheet financings and capital leases
- Factoring, asset-based, mezzanine, and other debt/quasi-debt capital vehicles
- Advise on the full range of M&A transactions including domestic and foreign growth business enterprises at all stages of development.
- Experience counseling clients in a wide range of negotiated and contested transactions, including:
- Asset purchases
- Exchange offers
- Tender offers
- Proxy contests
- Going private transactions
- Leveraged buy-outs
Growth Transactions and Corporate Counseling
- Strategic alliances
- Joint ventures
- Co-development agreements
- Manufacturing, supply, and distribution agreements
- Strategic technology acquisitions
- License transactions
- Employment law, benefits, and compensation
- Risk management
- Litigation management
Intellectual Property Counsel
- Counseling on total IP management (patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets)
- Preparation and prosecution oversight
- Offensive IP strategies
- Defensive IP strategies
- Due diligence in financing and acquisition transactions